MIS 213 Study Guide - Test #2
You may take the exam any time between
Tuesday, October 19 at 5 p.m. until Thursday, October 21 at 5:00 p.m.
Test will be comprised of 40 to 45 multiple choice and true/false and fill in the blank questions
You will take the quiz inside Entropy, like the Mini Quizzes you have taken,
This test is open book and notes and you will have 35 minutes
What should you do to prepare?
Read Chapters 4, 7, and 8
- Read Appendix A - Hardware portion
- Read Appendix I - Security
Complete Projects 4, 5, 6 and 7 before you take the test
Complete the mini quizzes at the end of most chapters
- Answer the questions below in advance
Key concepts you should know:
Chapter 4 - Gaining Value from Information
- Strategic IS systems should enable.....
- Identify the 5 steps to enable IS systems to assist firms to be more productive/profitable
- Advantages of Strategic IS planning
- Steps in the Virtual Value Chain
Chapter 7 - Networking
- Local Area Networks
- Client / Server Arrangements
- Wide Area Networks
- Guided Media Advantages / Disadvantages
- Twisted Pair
- Fiber Optics
- Wireless Media Advantages / Disadvantages
- History - ARPANet, First User of the Internet?
- Common Internet Applications
- Internet versus Intranet
- Cloud Computing
- Software, Infrastructure, Platform .. as a Service
- Virtualization is....
- Security involves Risk Management, define...
- Security involves Information Security, define...
- Asymmetric warfare implies...
- Define Denial of Service
- Malware is..
- Ransomware is...
- Examples of Social Engineering
- Key factors you should know when purchasing a new device
What does the CPU do?
- How is a unit of measurement for the CPU?
- What is the purpose of RAM
- How is it measured?
- Name two long term storage devices
- How are long term storage devices measured?
- Name 3 input devices
- Name 2 devices that may be input and output
- What does dpi mean and what does it represent?