MIS 316 / Final - Study Guide
To provide you maximum flexibility you may take the last test
any time starting on April 29 until Tuesday, May 5 at 3:00 p.m.
The test will occur in Entropy
It will only cover the common commands, objects we have used in projects 4, 5 and 6
and Chapters 5, 12 and 13
Chapter 5 - Methods (repeatable code)
- What is the purpose of creating a new method
- What is a parameter in a method declaration
- Why does the return statement accomplish in a new method
- How many parameters may be declared when creating a new method
- True/False, methods always need to return a value?
- Some of the examples from chapter 5 will be used and you will be asked what value is returned
Chapter 12 - Database 'Binding'
- What does the term database binding imply?
- What items are contained in the connection string?
- Why would you want to bind to a database?
- What is the difference between a gridview and a drop down list in terms of what may be displayed
- What is the purpose of a 'return' statement in a method
- How would you declare a method that returns a value versus one that executes statements only
Chapter 13 - Classes
- What is a class?
- Where would you desire to use a class over a method?
- Why are classes useful?
- What is the difference between a class and an object
- What is a Session Variable
- What is the value of a Session Variable
- Data Types
- What are the 2 validation controls we have used and what is the difference between them
- Finally, what are 4 good practices to implore under a submit button (think declare variables, ....)