April 10, 2018
Growing the IT Community in Southeast North Carolina
WITX (Wilmington Information Technology eXchange) is now in its fifteenth year. It brings together students, faculty, staff and local
information technology professionals to share their experiences and demonstrate their leading technology endeavors. In addition, leading IT professionals will share their ideas through keynotes, learning eXchanges and 5 minute Ignite! presentations.
Registration is required by all attendees prior to April 8th, 2018. There is no cost for students to attend.
Topic: Future of technology and technology workers in North Carolina
Eric Boyette serves as Secretary and State Chief Information Officer for the North Carolina Department of Information Technology. He was appointed to this position in April 2017 and currently leads statewide IT planning and operations.
Seven different workshops / panels / presentations to increase your IT skills.
- Demystifying Bitcoin and Blockchain
Keith Markfield, 8 Leaf Clover/Greenlight Ventures
- Evolving Your Infrastructure with Next-Gen Cloud Technology
Sharon Santana, Nutanix
- From Raw Data to Intelligent Data
Ryan Doubrava and Andrew Silbereisen, Castle Branch
Adam Larson and Daniel Wuensch, nCino
- Security and Cyber Defense
William Wetherill, UNCW
- Technology StartUp's - Create realistic expectations for funding at different growth stages
Sean Alhum, tekMountain
- Technology Startup's - Getting to know the Investor that is right for you!
Diane Durrance, Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Over 25 exhibitors from UNCW, tekMountain, CIE and local industry.
Students, Faculty and Staff from UNCW
What is Ignite?
Ignite is a geek event in over 100 cities worldwide. At the events Ignite presenters share their personal and professional passions, using 20 slides that auto-advance every 15 seconds for a total of just five minutes
- Emilyanne Aurelius, Wilmington Technology Guild
- Jon Berry, IBM, retired and CEN Mentor
- Eddie Dunn, UNCW
- Lowell Gould, Smithfield Genetics
- Kyle Gower-Winter, nCino
- Kellie McLiverty, New Potato Technologies
- Kalli Smith, nCino
Special thanks to the UNCW Cameron School of Business, Information Systems and Operations Management Department and the Computer Science Department for their support. WITX is underwritten by Castle Branch/TekMountain and other sponsors.
Other sponsors include:
More Sponsor Information
Tuesday, April 10 - Computer Information Systems Building, UNCW Campus
- 2:00 p.m. - Learning eXchanges
- 3:00 p.m. - Learning eXchanges
- 4:00 p.m. - Keynote Presentation
- 4:30 p.m. - Exhibits Open
- 5:00 p.m. - Tour of leading technology research by faculty (25 minutes)
- 5:45 p.m. - Ignite