April 10, 2017
Growing the IT Community in Southeast North Carolina
WITX (Wilmington Information Technology eXchange) is now in its fourteenth year. It brings together students, faculty, staff and local
information technology professionals to share their experiences and demonstrate their leading technology endeavors. In addition, leading IT professionals will share their ideas through keynotes, learning eXchanges and 5 minute Ignite! presentations.
Registration is required by all attendees prior to April 8th, 2017. There is no cost for students to attend.
Topic: The Implications of a Connected Society on Identity Protection and Privacy:
What’s in Your “Cyber” Wallet
Dr. Michael King is an Associate Professor of Computer Science and Cyber Security at Harris Institute for Assured Information at Florida Tech and has served in this role since August 2015. Prior to joining academia,
Dr. King served 10+ years as a scientific research/program management professional in the United States Intelligence Community.
Six different workshops / panels / presentations to increase your IT skills.
- Cracking Google’s Linguistic Algorithm
Michael Duncan, Sage Island
- Hack the Planet
Michael Bryant, SecureWorks
- Hacking Everything - The Dark Side of the Internet of Things
Jeff Crume, IBM
- Introduction to the Azure Machine Learning Platform
Douglas Kline, UNCW
- Making your department or Firm More IT Entrepreneur Like
Sean Alhum, tekMountain
- Quick, Free, Easy-ish Deep Packet Inspection with Security Onion
Jordan Pike, nCino
Over 25 exhibitors from UNCW, tekMountain, CIE and local industry.
Students, Faculty and Staff from UNCW
What is Ignite?
Ignite is a geek event in over 100 cities worldwide. At the events Ignite presenters share their personal and professional passions, using 20 slides that auto-advance every 15 seconds for a total of just five minutes
- Emilyanne Atkinson (Wilmington Technology Guild)
- Jon Berry (IBM, retired and CEN Mentor)
- Curry Guinn (UNCW - Computer Science
- Ellen Long (Long Business Advisors)
- Laura Lunsford (UNCW Swain Center)
- Devon Scott (Blue Fission)
- Kalli Smith (nCino)
Special thanks to the UNCW Cameron School of Business, Information Systems and Operations Management Department and the Computer Science Department for their support. WITX is underwritten by Castle Branch/TekMountain and other sponsors.
Other sponsors include:
More Sponsor Information
Monday, April 10 - Computer Information Systems Building, UNCW Campus
- 2:00 p.m. - Learning eXchanges
- 3:00 p.m. - Learning eXchanges
- 4:00 p.m. - Keynote Presentation
- 4:30 p.m. - Exhibits Open
- 5:00 p.m. - Tour of leading technology research by faculty (25 minutes)
- 5:45 p.m. - Ignite